Welcome to the website archive of the 2013 International Congress of History of Science, Technology and Medicine, hosted at the University of Manchester, UK, from 21 to 28 July 2013.
iCHSTM 2013 was the largest meeting in the history of the field. Taking as its theme Knowledge at work, it featured nearly 1400 papers across 23 parallel tracks, 411 sessions, around 100 social and public events, receptions, walks, tours and excursions, and 1758 registered delegates.
For more about the Congress, please see the following links:
- Reports of the Congress from various sources
- iCHSTM blog including copies of the daily Congress Transmission of news and announcements, plus live streams and downloads of selected events
- Full programme
- Twitter: @ichstm2013 and hashtag #ichstm
- Flickr account for photos
- YouTube account for video
- Facebook: ICHSTM 2013
- iCHSTM Beer Festival beer list
The next International Congress will be held in summer 2017 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. On behalf of the local organisers in Manchester and across the UK, we send our best wishes to our successors, and look forward to reconvening in Rio!