Registration for the Congress is now open.
Please note that all registration management is handled by the University of Manchester's conference services group. If you have any queries about registration, please direct them to email@example.com. The Congress local events and programmes organisers will not be able to help you with registration queries.
The form allows you to specify payment by credit card, cheque (check), or invoice. It covers the basic registration fee, accommodation, lunches, the formal Congress Dinner on Saturday, and the centrally organised excursions.
Please be aware that the basic registration fee will vary as follows:
- Until Sunday 14 April 2013: £205
- From Monday 15 April until Monday 1 July: £280
Display currency conversion in:
* Currency conversion figures are estimates only, offered to assist with budgeting, and are based on today's exchange rates. All pricing for the Congress is fixed in British pounds: what you will pay in any other currency will depend on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction. Rates can fluctuate significantly, so please check carefully before making payment.
Evening meals (other than the optional formal Congress Dinner) are not provided as part of the registration process. An excellent range of dining options is available around the University campus and close to our recommended hotels. Further information will be provided on this website soon.
Information about possible sources of financial assistance will be published on our Funding and support page as it is announced.
Clarification on day rates (updated 6 April)
From the outset, we have worked to ensure the lowest possible registration fee. The Congress attracts a predominantly international audience, and our expectation is that most local delegates will wish to attend as much as possible of what will be the largest event in the field ever to be held in the UK. On this understanding, no day rate was planned, and the Congress budget was drawn up accordingly.
However, in response to requests from a small number of delegates and symposium organisers, we have been persuaded that it would be appropriate to make a limited number of day-rate places available. In recognition of the support given by the learned societies listed below to the Monday evening reception, up to 100 day places will be offered to members of these societies on a first-come, first-served basis:
- BSHS: British Society for the History of Science
- HOGG: History of Geology Group of the Geological Society
- Newcomen Society for the History of Engineering and Technology
- RSCHG: Historical Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- SHAC: Society for the History of Alchemy and Chemistry
- SHNH: Society for the History of Natural History
- SSHM: Society for the Social History of Medicine
The day delegate rate is £85 per day. Directions for accessing the registration form will be circulated on the mailing lists of the eligible societies.
Day-rate registration entitles delegates to attendance at all Congress sessions on the day in question, lunch packages (at extra cost), the Monday evening reception (for Monday bookings), and the special Congress accommodation rates for a maximum of two nights. Delegates with day rate registration will not be eligible to book places at other receptions, on organised tours, or at any other formal or informal social events.
We encourage all potential participants to consider the benefits of full registration. Whether you are able to stay for the whole event or just for a few days, full registration will provide access to a once-in-a-generation programme of around 500 paper sessions and workshops across the week, and a large and varied social programme. Currency converter script