Travel to the Jurys Inn
The address of this hotel is: 56 Great Bridgewater St, Manchester, M1 5LE, +44 161 953 8888
From Manchester Airport
We recommend the Airport rail link to Manchester Oxford Road rail station as the fastest and cheapest way to get close to the hotel.
You will find the rail link at Manchester Airport by following signs from Arrivals to ‘The Station’ (this is the name for the Airport’s combined train, bus and coach station, serving all three terminals). Journey times vary from 13 minutes (non-stop) to 25 minutes. Piccadilly services depart at approximately 5-minute intervals in the daytime, and there are at least three services per hour at all times from 04.00 to around 01.20 (1.20am).
As of July 2013, a single (one-way) ticket from Manchester Airport to Piccadilly or Oxford Road costs £4.70 during peak travel hours or £4.00 off-peak.
Alternatively, taxis are available. See From Manchester Airport to the city centre for full details.
From Manchester Oxford Road rail station
The hotel is around 7 minutes’ walk from the station as follows:
- Exit the station and take the road sloping downwards.
- Cross the road to the Sainsbury’s Local and continue up Oxford Street, passing the Sainsbury’s on your left.
- Continue over the canal. At the NCP car park, turn left onto Great Bridgewater Street.
- When the road divides, bear left. You will soon see the Jurys Inn up ahead on the left.
From Metrolink stations
Alternatively, the hotel is 2 minutes’ walk from Deansgate-Castlefield station on the Metrolink:
- Take stairs or lift down from the Metrolink platform to Whitworth Street West.
- Turn left and cross the road junctions to reach the Haçienda Apartments (nine-storey block of curved brick).
- Turn left again and walk up Albion Street over the canal (you will see the back of the Jurys Inn across the canal here).
- Continue straight on past Aqua to the road junction and turn right onto Great Bridgewater Street. The hotel is second on the right.
How to get from the hotel to University Place (main Congress venue)
Walking: around 20 minutes, Great Bridgewater Street - Oxford Street - Oxford Road.
Bus: routes along Oxford Road, probably 5 to 10 minutes